PART IV - Language extensions
Author(s): The Ciao Development Team
The libraries documented in this part extend and modify the Ciao language in several different ways. The extensions include:
- restricted languages (pure Prolog programming);
- constraint logic programming;
- multi-paradigm features (higher-order, functional syntax, feature terms or records, global variables, mutable terms, etc.);
- alternative search and evaluation strategies (delaying predicate execution, undo goals, breadth-first execution, iterative deepening-based execution);
- concurrency and parallel execution (active modules, parallel programming (e.g., &-Prolog style)).